Community building is very time consuming, but effective, it can be done basically without a budget. And most of all: it is very rewarding to build a community around something you care about.
The benefits I’ve received of being a community manager and event organiser for Entrepreneurs Anonymous are:
- Met great people and made new entrepreneurial friends. This was especially important when changing careers and going from employed to self employed.
- As a community manager and event organiser I have built a large network, everyone knows the organiser.
- Feel great when people thank me for impacting their lives and improving their business.
- Have a great reason to reach out to interesting people and ask them to speak at my event
- Improve presentation skills
- Improve digital marketing skills
- Opportunities to share these skills
- Get business, I got freelance gigs on website building and event consulting even without openly being on the market for it.
- To the extent I started EventJenny and made a business out of it.